SCA and CQI Coffee Certifications at The Crown
Whether you’re just beginning your coffee education, or taking your career in coffee to the next level, The Crown: Royal Coffee Lab & Tasting Room is the ideal place to elevate your coffee knowledge and skills. Located uptown, amidst Oakland’s vibrant coffee community, The Crown is a Premier Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) Campus and offers the full suite of SCA Pathways and Coffee Quality Institute (CQI) Courses.
Upcoming Coffee Courses
- Q Arabica Combo Training and Exam Course: October 7th – October 12, 2019
- SCA Introduction to Coffee, Barista Introduction & Intermediate: February 17th – February 21st, 2020
- SCA Introduction to Coffee, Roasting Introduction & Intermediate: March 16th – March 20th, 2020
Learning at The Crown
Classes are kept small and taught by world-class instructors in a pristine, new facility that is fully customized for a modern learning experience. Furnished with a wide selection of the very best coffee equipment, The Crown takes an open source approach to coffee education and encourages hands-on learning, experimentation, and collaboration.
- The Crown is a premier SCA Campus in Oakland, CA, home to one of the liveliest specialty coffee scenes in the world
- Courses are taught by world class coffee educators
- Enjoy small class sizes for a personalized educational experience
- Learn on new, premium coffee equipment in a luxuriously appointed, custom built learning space
- Owned by family-run and operated premier green specialty coffee importer Royal Coffee, Inc., which allows for unique industry insights and access to some of the best green coffee offerings in the world.