Now Hiring: Lead Barista & Brewing Manager for The Crown: Royal Coffee Lab & Tasting Room
As we ramp up for our Fall 2017 opening of The Crown: Royal Coffee Lab & Tasting Room we are searching for a Lead Barista & Brewing Manager for The Crown.
Passionate about specialty coffee & service? This is for you. Read the full Job Description here.
Lead Barista & Brewing Manager Core Responsibilities
Front of House Leadership & Beverage Excellence (50-75% of time)
- Manage front of house operations in partnership with General Manager & Creative Director.
- Lead by example and ensure all drinks produced are exceptional.
- Co-create Rotating coffee menu based on fresh crop arrivals twice a month.
- Push the boundaries on what a world-class coffee bar can be to a curious clientele, focusing on customer service, drink excellence and consistency.
- Work Events and be “the face” of The Crown tasting room. Here, you’ll serve green buyers, coffee roasters, agronomists, coffee producers & the general public. Do you like talking about coffee with industry leaders? This is for you.
- Organize & Lead public facing coffee events ranging from public cuppings, to brew demos to lectures alongside other key staff.
- Oversee 2-3 Barista staff.
SCA Certified Brewing Lab within The Crown (25-35% of time)
- Experimentation with brewing, grinding & water science in collaboration with the rest of The Crown team.
- Support the SCA Certified Brewing Lab within The Crown as is related to Cup Preparation.
- Work with rest of The Crown team to ensure newest discoveries & lab operations in the SCA Certified Brewing Lab within The Crown translates into a retail setting.
- Provide content about coffee and industry trends via newsletter, blog, website and social media.
Collaboration & Cross Functional Success (10% of time)
- Apprentice in other key areas of The Crown on a rotating basis to ensure tasting room operation is fulling synced with all other aspects of the space. More importantly, to continue to grow as a coffee professional.
- Further Royal Coffee, Inc. client’s understanding of brewing as requested by Royal Coffee, Inc. traders and staff.
- Work with The Crown team and other key colleagues to ensure The Crown is at the forefront of the speciality coffee industry.
- Passionate about the speciality coffee industry, committed to transparency and collaborative in nature.
- 4+ years centered on cup preparation, whether as a barista, trainer or consultant.
- Role Model & proven manager and/or leader.
- Clear & direct verbal & written communicator.
- This is a unique opportunity for a creative self-starter looking to move the speciality coffee industry forward & grow their career.
- You are looking to help build a highly innovative speciality coffee hub from the ground up.
- Social Media & Marketing Experience is not required, but welcomed.
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Gym Membership
- 401K Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Access to some of the best coffees in the world with cutting edge technology and the freedom to explore them.
How to Apply
- Email Cover Letter & Resume & to TheCrown@royalcoffee.com.