- This event has passed.
EcoFarm/CAN Agroecology Delegation – Meet the Cooperative Farmers
January 28, 2020 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Come by The Crown for our friendly monthly calibration round!
The Crown is proud to host an event organized by EcoFarm and Community Agroecology Network (CAN), who are collaborating to bring a farmer delegation to California in January 2020. Join us to cup coffee together and meet EcoFarm’s conference delegates.
The event at The Crown will provide an opportunity for the Bay Area coffee community to taste coffee and meet the delegates:
- Darling Campos Rayo, the Cooperative Development Food Security & Sovereignty agent at UCA San Ramon Nicaragua
- Harold Molinares Huerta, the Gender Equity & Youth Coordinator of UCA San Ramon Nicaragua
- Briseida Venegas Ramos, Agroecology Coffee Farmer & Coop President of Campesinos en Lucha Agraria Mexico and
- Gisela Palma Illesca, Agroecology Coffee Farmer & Coop Manager of Campesinos en Lucha Agraria & Coordinator of FemCafe, Mexico.
The delegation will present at EcoFarm’s annual conference and tour other sites in Northern California. This is the third farmer delegation to present at EcoFarm’s conference.
EcoFarm’s international agroecology delegation include small coffee farmers from Nicaragua and Mexico who are at the frontlines of agroecology and food sovereignty efforts. Women and youth from Unión de Cooperativas Augusto Cesar Sandino (UCA San Ramón, Nicaragua), Vinculo y Desarrollo Agroecológico en Café (VIDA, A.C.) and their sister cooperative Campesinos en la Lucha Agraria (México), along with the Community Agroecology Network (CAN), will be with us at EcoFarm 2020.
The delegation will focus on social and environmental justice in farming communities while building solidarity among small farmers, farmworkers, and cooperatives. At the conclusion of EcoFarm Conference, the delegation will make its way through Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties, the SF East Bay (Oakland), and Sonoma County to shed light on how women and youth in Nicaragua and Mexico are leading efforts in diversification of their coffee agroforests, experimentation with soil fertility and shade management, development of solidarity economies and shaping gender justice.
Visiting the Crown
- January 28, 2020
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- The Crown: Royal Coffee Lab & Tasting Room
Oakland, CA 94612 United States + Google Map